Monday, August 26, 2013

Confirmation

Lately I have felt somewhat confused when it comes to knowing where God wants me to be. Today, I began reviewing the past and considering the instances in my life when God acted on my behalf, or in some way revealed Himself to me. As I drew from my most precious memories, the ones in which God chose to reveal Himself to me, I realized that each instance shared an important commonality. Each one was preceded by my desire to seek God and to do His will, as well as my turning to Him and placing my circumstances into His love and care. Each time involved a process of my realizing that I had exhausted my own power and strength and yet, still, was unable to change anything. These moments are my treasures. They are the ones in which I came to understand more and more God's love for me and His absolute Sovereignty over my life and all things.


Now, as for the instances themselves, the ones where God's hand seemingly reached down from Heaven and altered the very fabric of my experiences in a magnificent display of His love, grace and might; for these there is no comparison. They are the stamps of God upon my life. They are the upward steps of faith which cause my heart to know in ever increasing measure that the Almighty God of the Universe does indeed Reign on High. They are the awesome moments where one can exclaim in perfect faith that, "God's foolishness is greater than man's wisdom." They prove the truth and reveal the beauty of the verses, "apart from Him I can do no good thing," for, "every good and perfect gift is from above."


When we choose to turn our troubles over to God, He confirms that faith by acting on our behalf. Even when the instance is trivial, as long as our hearts are for Him, He will reveal Himself and confirm that He has heard, and often, the response is heart and mind changing. Evidence of God's love is often seen in the transformation of our lives.


Eventually, we turn a corner. Rather than turning circumstances over to God one at a time, we turn our whole lives over to Him. When we are following His will and seeking His face wholeheartedly, He will bring all that we need right across our path. God honors our desire to know Him, obey Him, and love Him more. There is no amount of struggling that will cause it to be brought about on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment